Has Olivia Newton-John's cancer returned? The star addresses rumours
After canceling public speaking engagements
© Getty Images
Famed actor Olivia Newton-John recently cancelled two speaking appearances in Australia, which made fans question the state of her health. After staying quiet about the subject, a representative for the 'Greece' star finally addressed the public.
“Olivia Newton-John’s two upcoming speaking appearances in Australia were canceled due to scheduling conflicts with her upcoming promotional tour for her new book, ‘Don’t Stop Believin’’ and the ONJ Cancer Wellness & Research Centre’s Wellness Walk & Research Run — not illness, as falsely reported,” her publicist, Michael Caprio said, according to Fox News.
“She’s looking forward to walking with everyone at the Wellness Walk on Sept. 16 in Melbourne and is excited that this year the walk is going global and people can support it by becoming virtual walkers from wherever they are in the world.”
Olivia Newton-John had previously battled with breast cancer, however, the star has revealed that she is doing much better. “I am no longer in pain and happy to say I am working again,” she told Closer Weekly after going public with her remission.
RECOMMENDED FOR YOU
Kevin Spacey is under investigation for a new sexual assault allegation
Tiffany Haddish struck the wrong chord with Fifth Harmony comments
Asia Argento claims late-Anthony Bourdain paid off sexual assault accuser
The reason Meghan and Harry won't have custody of their children
Chrissy Teigen projectile vomited at her daughter's school orientation
Sarah Jessica Parker attacks 14-year-old in anti-technology rant
Ben Affleck spotted with Playboy model—while longtime girlfriend goes offline