Man has arm amputated after eating sushi
Something fishy going on
© Getty Images
Are you a sushi lover? Think again before you continue reading. According to The Sun, a South Korean man had his hand and forearm got amputated after eating sushi.
The 71- year- old man was overwhelmed with unbearable pain in his hand the day after eating the raw fish. When he went to the hospital two days later his hand had turned pink and swollen. The hand was covered with enormous blood-filled sac and fluid-filled lumps. Immediately he was referred to the surgery department.
Tests revealed that the man was infected with vibrio vulnificus, a flesh-eating bacteria found in salty water. People can get infected with the bacteria when eating seafood or having an open wound exposed to the bacteria.
The man was treated with antibiotics, but because he suffered from diabetes, his immune system has been affected and the medication didn't help. Meanwhile, the infection was spreading through his body and there was no other way to stop it than to amputate his hand and forearm. Yikes!
Do you still crave that sushi?
Celebrities with misspelled tattoos
Beautiful oases all over the world
Celebrity exes who got back together
LIFESTYLE World's Most Admired Companies
The world's most admired companies in 2019
CELEBRITY Academy Awards
Flashback Friday: iconic photos from Oscars past
LIFESTYLE Black History Month
Amazing inventions we have African Americans to thank for
Notable celebrities who have been deported
CELEBRITY Celebrity smiles
Gaps, caps, and jacked: Celebrities with bad teeth
MOVIES oscars 2019
Hartless: Meet the all-star Oscar presenters
Cloning is coming, China's pets are just the start